McGarry Consulting provides a range of coaching packages at individual, team and organisational level.
Coaching is a process in which a coach and coachee interact in a dynamic exchange to achieve goals, enhance performance and move the coachee forward to greater success.
Executive coaching is a collaborative, individualized relationship between an executive and a coach, the aims of which are to bring about sustained behavioural change and to transform the quality of the executive’s working and personal life.
The Centre for Creative leadership has developed a classification system for the coaching roles. Coaching is said to occur on a continuum of four coaching roles:
Skills: focuses on executive’s current tasks – e.g. presentation skills
Performance: focuses more broadly on executive’s effectiveness in present job – performance management or people development programme to enhance motivation and productivity of staff
Development: focuses on executive’s new career or future career
Executive’s agenda: larger work and/or personal agenda
Coaching is beneficial for effective transitions:
- Newly appointed managers or directors.
- Individuals wishing to change roles or up-skill
- CV preparation & interview skills
- Retirement – transition
Coaching is beneficial for developing high performance teams:
- New teams or teams that need refocusing and direction
- Action Learning Sets methodology very effective in development of groups to become more independent – e.g. supervisory level